Re: Adding game into repos

On 07/17/10 05:33, Ansgar Burchardt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> manuel <linuxuser-sky@gmx.de> writes:
>

>> I just did it :-D now i have a data package and a normal one.
>>
>> When i was checking the widelands control file i began to think if i
>> need all the build depencies cause it is a python program and they
>> dont need to be "maked"  or anything.
>>
> This sounds like you have an "Architecture: any" package for the program
> and an "Architecture: all" package for the data?
>
> If the program is written in Python and contains no compiled code, you
> only need a single "Architecture: all" package containing both program
> and data.
>
> Splitting the data into a separate package is only useful for arch:any
> packages: doing so means the data is only included once in the archive
> instead of once for each architecture, saving bandwidth and disk space
> for mirrors.  In case of a arch:all package, there is only a single
> package for all architectures, so the data is already only stored in a
> single place.

This is correct there are no compiled code in the package only data and
2 py files.

So i will correct it to one all package
>> Maybe you can give me a hint:
>>
>> Current build dep:
>>
>> Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 7.0.50~), python-support, python (>=2.5),
>> python-pygame(>= 1.8),python-pyglet(>= 1.1.2)
>>
>> The game needs pygame and pyglet install to run but i think as it is a
>> python program there is nothing to build at all but i know to less
>> about the debian auto build process to answer that question
>>
> If you just copy files around and no code is run while building the
> package, there should be no need to build-depend on the python
> packages.

Thanks tried it already and it only needs dephelper to build

> Regards,
> Ansgar

Thanks for this helpful answers, will build a new all arch package.

I filled an ITP but when im finaly done with building of it and upload
it to m.d.n do i have to file an RFS or can i change the ITP report to RFS ?

Thanks

Manuel