patch tracking (was: Re: packaging sfxr)

Hi,

"Miriam Ruiz" <miriam@debian.org> writes:
> It makes sense, as long as all the involved distros make that
> information and the set of patches theyr'e using easily available on
> the net.

This was one of the ideas behind `patch-tracking.debian.net'.  It provides
a central repository to look for patches applied to Debian packages
intended for upstreams as well as other distributions.

A limitation is that it only provides access to patches already uploaded
to the archive, not those still hanging around in a VCS.

Maybe we should also include someone involved with the patch tracking
system in this discussion?  We are talking about a cross-distro effort
for patch tracking, so they might be interested.

Regards,
Ansgar

--
PGP: 1024D/595FAD19  739E 2D09 0969 BEA9 9797  B055 DDB0 2FF7 595F AD19