Re: packaging sfxr

2008/11/17 Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede@hhs.nl>:

> I have a different idea, why not make a website which allows searching of
> all the VCS's various distros use to store the various patches, so I could
> type foo, and it would show me that distros 1, 2 and 4 have a package which
> name matches foo, and then links to view each distro's patches.

It makes sense, as long as all the involved distros make that
information and the set of patches theyr'e using easily available on
the net.

> Then on top of that you could have the possibility to register with that
> website and then to subscribe to automatic announcements of changes in
> package foo of distro 2.
>
> Then we take away the having to push part, and we make pulling much easier
> as you get announcements when there might be something worthy of pulling.

I like the idea. We should define a lot of things to make it possible,
but it makes a lot of sense. Maybe we should try to contact other
distros in this early stage to see if they want to become involved in
its design?

> I think this would make for a nice summer of code project ?

Definitely yes :)

Greetings,
Miry