Re: Another orphaned game: shisen.app

On 17/12/2007, Barry deFreese <bddebian@comcast.net> wrote:
> Eddy Petrișor wrote:

> >> I didn't inject shisen.app or xbattle, I did them manually. :-(  Is
> >> there any way to fix them up after the fact?
> >>

> > Yes, but is not documented. Your comments are welcome to the
> > svn-buildpackage corresponding bug:

> > Adding them will help me document the procedure so is possible to
> > reproduce manually svn-bp's behaviour.
> >

> Here is what I have been doing.  I'll add them to the bug if they seem
> correct:

Please mention also the scenario for which your instructions fit when
adding that info to the BR (i.e. layout 2 repo, upstream source not
versioned).

> Make sure there is a tags dir:
>
> svn mkdir svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-games/packages/tags/<package>
>
> Make sure you have uploaded the orig.tar.gz:
>
> scp <package_name_and_version>.orig.tar.gz \
> alioth.debian.org:/var/lib/gforge/chroot/home/groups/pkg-games/htdocs/tarballs/

This is somewhat DGT specific, but I intent to add some support for
this in the future.

> Set the properties:
>
> svn propset mergeWithUpstream 1 debian
> svn propset svn-bp:origUrl
> "http://pkg-games.alioth.debian.org/tarballs/<package_name_and_version>.orig.tar.gz"
> debian
> svn propset svn-bp:tagsUrl
> "svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-games/packages/tags/<package>" debian
>
> The last part is the worst.  If the package has source modified outside
> of the Debian dir.  I personally have been moving those to quilt patches
> (after Vincent pointed them out to me) as I think that is the best way
> to handle them.  Others may have a different opinion.  So I don't really
> know how to handle them properly if you want to just leave them in the diff.

If they are left in the diff, you need to add the entire patched
file(s) to the repo.

e.g.:
for a diff like:

--- foo/debian/changelog
+++ foo/debian/changelog
[...]
--- foo/src/src1.c
+++ foo/src/src1.c
[...]
--- foo/src/src2.c
+++ foo/src/src2.c
[...]
--- foo/doc/readme
+++ foo/docc/readme
[...]

Besides the entire debian/ directory, you will need to commit also the
*patched* versions of the files foo/src/src1.c, foo/src/src2.c and
foo/docc/readme.

> Thoughts/questions/comments?

I am not 100% sure if using later svn-upgrade would take care of the
files to be updated[*].

[*] although it might have bugs or might be dumb enough not o touch
them; I haven't actually worked enough on that script to know its
indsides, but I remember Jon having issues during DebConf with a
source after a supposed upgrade; I am not sure he used svn-upgrade
when he got into that situation, but I'm sure he can clear that up.

--
Regards,
EddyP