Re: Another orphaned game: shisen.app

Barry deFreese wrote:
> Either way is fine.  I'm easy. ;-)  (Though someone still needs to
> remind/teach me how to tag all these properly since I really don't use
> svn-buildpackage).

  Did you use svn-inject to import the packages ? Please do use it, as
it takes care of many small details you definitely don't want to do
yourself.

  Please have a look at

http://wiki.debian.org/Games/SVN (section To import your package to SVN)

  I'm fixing shisen.app manually; I put the commands here, as it might
be useful for others as well.

svn propset mergeWithUpstream 1 debian
[this says that you're only merging the 'debian part' with original
sources: only the debian diff is in the SVN]
svn propset svn-bp:tagsUrl
svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-games/packages/tags/shisen.app debian
[this says where to put the tags when a package has been uploaded.]
[there is no need to create the tags directory as you already did that]

  Additionally, not everything is the diff is in the debian package. On
the package I downloaded from mentors, I have:

22:29 vincent@tanyaivinco ~ lsdiff -z shisen.app_1.2.0-7.diff.gz
shisen.app-1.2.0/gshisen.m
shisen.app-1.2.0/GShisenInfo.plist
shisen.app-1.2.0/main.m
shisen.app-1.2.0/GNUmakefile
shisen.app-1.2.0/debian/control
shisen.app-1.2.0/debian/Shisen.6
shisen.app-1.2.0/debian/lintian-override
shisen.app-1.2.0/debian/manpages
shisen.app-1.2.0/debian/rules
shisen.app-1.2.0/debian/menu
shisen.app-1.2.0/debian/compat
shisen.app-1.2.0/debian/copyright
shisen.app-1.2.0/debian/dirs
shisen.app-1.2.0/debian/Shisen.desktop
shisen.app-1.2.0/debian/changelog

  This is bad as it makes svn-buildpackage fail to build, even if I only
want to build the source package. To fix this, either you should include
main.m, GNUmakefile... in the trunk directory (but you don't want that)
or you should gather those as patches with your favorite patching system
and add them to the SVN.

  Please play around with svn-buildpackage (in a local repository on
your machine if you're scared of breaking something), it is a really
convenient tool to work with once you're used to it (and it did take me
time to get used).

  Cheers,

	Vincent

--