Re: Another orphaned game: shisen.app

Eddy Petrișor wrote:
On 14/12/2007, Barry deFreese <bddebian@comcast.net> wrote:
Jon Dowland wrote:
On Thu, Dec 13, 2007 at 10:38:16PM +0100, Vincent Fourmond wrote:

  Did you use svn-inject to import the packages ? Please do use it, as
  it takes care of many small details you definitely don't want to do
  yourself.

Also remember the -2 flag for repo layout type 2 (I'm pleased to see
this is finally supported)

I didn't inject shisen.app or xbattle, I did them manually. :-(  Is
there any way to fix them up after the fact?

Yes, but is not documented. Your comments are welcome to the
svn-buildpackage corresponding bug:

Adding them will help me document the procedure so is possible to
reproduce manually svn-bp's behaviour.

Here is what I have been doing. I'll add them to the bug if they seem correct:

Make sure there is a tags dir:

svn mkdir svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-games/packages/tags/<package>

Make sure you have uploaded the orig.tar.gz:

scp <package_name_and_version>.orig.tar.gz \
alioth.debian.org:/var/lib/gforge/chroot/home/groups/pkg-games/htdocs/tarballs/

Set the properties:

svn propset mergeWithUpstream 1 debian
svn propset svn-bp:origUrl "http://pkg-games.alioth.debian.org/tarballs/<package_name_and_version>.orig.tar.gz" debian svn propset svn-bp:tagsUrl "svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-games/packages/tags/<package>" debian

The last part is the worst. If the package has source modified outside of the Debian dir. I personally have been moving those to quilt patches (after Vincent pointed them out to me) as I think that is the best way to handle them. Others may have a different opinion. So I don't really know how to handle them properly if you want to just leave them in the diff.

Thoughts/questions/comments?

Thanks!

Barry deFreese