Re: Another orphaned game: shisen.app

On 12/17/07, Barry deFreese <bddebian@comcast.net> wrote:
> to handle them.  Others may have a different opinion.  So I don't really
> know how to handle them properly if you want to just leave them in the diff.

There is another reason not to let other files get into the diff.gz -
it's nice to be able to apply it without worrying that it will fail
because upstream changed.  It's much easier to have it fail to apply
patches during the build, where you can just rm debian/patches/patch,
than it is to have to modify the diff.gz by hand because part of the
diff didn't apply properly.