Introduction

As suggested by Tolimar, there goes my introduction. You probably know
me already, but just in case. I also want to encourage everyone in the
Team to post a brief intro on themselves, and also (if they want)
other people in the mailing list that might be interested in the
project.

My name is Miriam Ruiz, and I'm a Spanish engineer. I've been involved
in Debian Development since 2004 or so. After attending a conference
on the Debian Women project, presented by Amaya, I thought that it
sounded interesting enough to give it a try :)

I've always been interested in videogames, and since I started doing
stuff in Debian, I decided to go for them.

I believe in cooperative development much more than in individual
geniuses, so when Tolimar suggested me to create a group to try to
join efforts in maintainance of Free Games, I thought "why not?", so I
proposed the creation of the Team. Thankfully, Eddy and Goneri were
there to help me to carry out the plan, and did a lot to make the Team
what it's now.

Although I'm Spanish, I've been living in Germany for the last few
months. I've just moved back to Spain some weeks ago, after changing
job. I work in embedded Linux development.

I'm also quite involved in the feminist netsphere, being in groups
like LinuxChix, Ubuntu-Women, WikiChix, ChicasLinux, Indymedia Women
or Systers, but I don't really have time to be active in all of them.

I've been doing stuff with different programming languages, but I
think I prefer C above all. I like C++ quite a lot too. I've also been
quite interested in the D programming language lately.

I like meeting people, I'm also quite social (some people think I
speak *a lot* - /me tickles KiBi).

My nick in the IRC netkorks I join (my usual networks are irc.oftc.net
and irc.freenode.net) is Baby, and you can often find me in channels
like #debian-games, #debian-devel, #debian-women or #debian-mentors in
OFTC, and #debian-es, #ubuntu-women, #ubuntu-motu when I join
FreeNode.

Apart from all that, if you want to know more about me, you might want
to read my weblog [0]. It's already in Planet, so it's not difficult
to find :)

My favourite games are social games, those you can play in groups. I
like StepMania a lot, if I had to choose just a game, I'd probably
pick that. I like Frets on Fire, or Karaoke games (like UltraStar). I
like shooter games of the "space invaders" kind (you already knew, I
guess), I'm also quite interested in indy games, as opposed to
mainstream culture. My favourite game console is Wii. Puzzle games are
also really cute (remember hex-a-hop?). I guess the games I prefer
depend mostly on my mood at that moment. I'm also really interested in
games for children.

Tolimar suggested that we put a link to our mugshots [1] [2]. You can
find many people there I guess. I don't particullary like my photo
there, so I'd rather give a different link [3].

Greetings,
Miry

[0] http://www.miriamruiz.es
[1] https://gallery.debconf.org/v/debconf6/Mugshots/