Re: Programs I miss in kde-desktop task

On 2007-03-27, Enrique Matías Sánchez (Quique) <cronopios@gmail.com> wrote:
> - basket  ->  a great add-on for kontact

 from version 1.0 basket is interesting, yes.

> - htdig  ->  to generate khelpcenter search indices

is now in the khelpcenter dependency chain.

> - cdrdao movixmaker-2 normalize-audio sox toolame vcdimager  ->  add
> interesting features to k3b

Interesting but not something I_think should be there by default

> - scribus  ->  desktop publishing

could be interesting - haven't looked at it for a long time - but last
time it was quite rough.

> - kbugbuster  ->  GUI front end for the KDE bug tracking system

shouldn't be installed by default.

> - kompare  ->  it's easier to spot changes in files

for a developer it is interesting yes, but not for normal use. I don't
think the desktop task installs kdesdk or kdevelop either.

> - kmymoney2  ->  personal finance manager

too specific to be installed by default.

the non-kde packages is not in my opinion relevant to the kde task.
Maybe zip - but that's all.

But I am looking forward to see how basket evolves.

/Sune
somehow involved in kde packaging in debian