Re: Programs I miss in kde-desktop task

Enrique Matías Sánchez (Quique) wrote:
> However, I think the kde-desktop task should also include:
>    adept - package management suite for KDE

Currently kpackage is included. I don't want to include two, and my
impression is that adept is not as mature yet.

>    katapult - item launcher for KDE

 The application is currently in an early stage of development

From the description. If you want to get it included you'll need to give
persuasive reasons.

>    k3b-i18n - Internationalized (i18n) files for k3b

Provisionally added in my tree. (I don't plan to make any task changes
before etch is released though.)

>    konversation - user friendly Internet Relay Chat (IRC) client for KDE

kdenetwork already includes kopete.

>    koffice - KDE Office Suite

openoffice.org is included. I don't want to bloat the task with two
desktop suites, and OOo is the one that most people use independent of
desktop environment.

http://bugs.debian.org/385650

>    qalculate-kde - Powerful and easy to use desktop calculator - KDE
>    version

kcalc is the standard kde calculator, and is included.

--
see shy jo