Re: Alive and Kicking /WAS Re: The project is dead?

On 8/25/06, RalfGesellensetter <rgx@gmx.de> wrote:
Am Donnerstag 24 August 2006 16:41 schrieb Luis:
> I just wanted to point out that Splashy is being developed with
> debian-desktop in mind and Etch.

Dear List,

nice to see there is so much live on this list ;)

I would use this occasion to mention some connected tasks - hoping to
bundle some forces (avoiding work being done twice):

- Debian-Edu (aka Skolelinux) is improving its desktop (and also its
boot splashy) for the upcoming version. Any support welcome:
 * http://lists.debian.org/debian-edu/2006/07/msg00085.html
 * http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Teams/ArtWork

- aKaDEmy taking place in Dublin X-2006 also will have some desktop
related topics.

- Personally, I did some research and testings, documented at
 * http://wiki.skolelinux.de/KDE3/Themes-en
 * http://wiki.skolelinux.de/ArtWork (German)

I would be delighted if we could arrange some cooporations ;)

Umm.... debian-desktop have been on-going for years. It would be nice
if you could get them to participate in the debian-desktop effort.
Perhaps not as developers, but to contribute ideas and make sure their
voices are heard!
That would cut down in the number of duplicate projects doing the same
things (the endless "choice is better" idea that fragments Linux), and
will actually get things done faster!

Just my 0.02...

--
Luis Mondesi

Kiskeyix.org

"We think basically you watch television to turn your brain off, and
you work on your computer when you want to turn your brain on" --
Steve Jobs in an interview for MacWorld Magazine 2004-Feb

No .doc: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.es.html