Re: future of Debian's derivatives efforts?

On 2018-07-23 10:47, John Crawley wrote:
Is there anything else that Debian could do to make it easier for derivatives to contribute? I personally don't see that being a derivative per se is sufficient reason for Debian to relax its standards for packages from that source.

I could have thought a bit more about that, and agreed that while the procedures are laid out, and can eventually be discovered from various web pages, it's not so clear and obvious. (I still think that the package standards themselves are OK though.)

Perhaps there is some scope for Debian to make things easier for potential new contributors, and in particular, maybe a page with specific advice for derivative developers would be welcome.

--
John