future of Debian's derivatives efforts?

Hi all,

Recently we had a discussion on debian-project about the value and
future of Debian's derivatives efforts.

https://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/24613c281a1176f4e2cf26c118003b352d0d7d1b.camel@debian.org

My interpretation of the discussion is that there is some value to
Debian's derivatives efforts but that there are few folks from Debian
who are both interested in the project and have time to contribute.

The discussion also pointed towards derivatives as a possible source of
contributors. I think that makes sense, both as a way for derivatives
folks to contribute to Debian and as a way for derivatives to raise
interest in derivatives within Debian.

Raju Devidas (libregeekingkid) of Hamara Linux has starting helping out
(with census invites) and expressed interest in working on the project.

Does anyone else want to help out with Debian's derivatives efforts?

Any other thoughts about Debian & derivatives?

PS: today at DebCamp I've given Raju an overview of the census scripts.
I'll be happy to give the same overview to anyone else at DebCamp.
We will be working on the most pressing tasks in the next few days
but there is lots more work to be done for interested volunteers.

 * migrating the git repository to salsa.debian.org
 * migrating from the mailing list to mailing folks directly
 * adding support for expiring files from the source archive

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise