Re: future of Debian's derivatives efforts?

On 07/22/2018 03:29 AM, Daniil Baturin wrote:

Hi Paul,

At VyOS, we (ok, at least I -- won't speak for all maintainers ;) would
be happy to both unify the packages we build ourselves with Debian and
contribute our own packages (e.g. ipaddrcheck and hvinfo) to Debian.
It's just that I have to admit that the contribution process is still
rather intimidating.

We hardly have resources to contribute to the Census infrastructure
right now though.

Hi all,
I would like to echo this sentiment.  I would very much like to be involved in a deeper level with the core of Debian.  It would make life much easier if the derivatives were given some sort of streamlined path to Debian "citizenship" so that we could get our work mainlined in Debian, and perhaps benefit all the other derivatives, through cooperation.... some of us have very similar goals (the ToriOS project focuses on: small, fast, light, simple).

If we could be more easily included in Debian, the need for a specific derivatives team, might be less useful, since we could all be part of Debian.