Re: Getting NEW packages into Debian first

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 6:07 PM, Barry Warsaw <barry@python.org> wrote:

> Does it at all make sense to consider how to make sync'ing in the
> derivative->Debian direction easier?

Just as much sense as for the general sponsoring case, which is to
say, a lot of sense.

> Are there small steps we could take now to make some parts more of a
> peer relationship and improve the collaboration between derivatives?

I'm not sure what you are proposing here.

One thought I had was that if mentors.d.n and REVU were feature
equivalent then REVU could be dropped. Debexpo needs help if anyone
wants to make that happen. The only thing about that is that the
sponsoring and software culture is different; so maybe it would need
to include web/mail gatewaying; mail for Debian folks and web stuff
for those who prefer that.

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise