Re: How to add contrib or non-free packages to CDD

On Sun, Oct 14, 2007 at 10:47:51AM -0400, Ernesto Hernandez-Novich wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-10-12 at 18:22 -0700, vagrant@freegeek.org wrote:
> > >
> > > Created a work directory, cd into it, created
> > > profiles/Escritorio.packages with the list of desired packages and
> > > profiles/Escritorio.preseed with several debconf preseeds. Also
> > > created simple-cdd.conf and then ran
> > >
> > > simple-cdd --conf simple-cdd.conf --profiles-udeb-dist sid --do-mirror

--do-mirror is the default, unless your simple-cdd.conf sets
do_mirror=false.

in fact, if you're using the --profiles-udeb-dist commandline option,
you can set it in your configuration file, replacing the - with _, like
so:

 profiles_udeb_dist=sid

all commandline options can be set this way (except for the no- options,
which are booleans and can be set with foo=false).

> > did you specify debian-multimedia.org anywhere?

> Yes.

> debian_mirror_extra="http://www.debian-multimedia.org";

...snip...

> > > Then tried adding w32codecs from debian-multimedia.org, and it worked fine.

...snip...

> > this shouldn't be necessary if you configured mirror_components and/or
> > mirror_components_extra (presumably for debian-multimedia.org).

> I'll check that. However, I need contrib/non-free stuff from Debian
> _and_ from debian-multimedia.org... is that possible?

if the sources.list entry for debian-multimedia.org is *exactly* like:

 deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org/ main contrib non-free

then you should only need to set in your configuration file:

 mirror_components="main contrib non-free"

if debian-multimedia only has contrib and non-free, you may need to put
in your configuration file:

 mirror_components="main contrib non-free"
 mirror_components_extra="contrib non-free"

if it has some other directory layout, you may not be able to use it
without a lot of manual configuration.

i'll add something in the README about using contrib and non-free in the
next upload.

> > could you please attach all the files you used, and the exact
> > commandline used to build?  seems like you have just three files,
> > simple-cdd.conf and profiles/Escritorio.packages and
> > profiles/Escritorio.preseed.
> >
> > anything else?
>
> To the list, privately to you or both?

please *always* use the list, so that others can learn and help with the
issues at hand. otherwise the information could get lost in my personal
mail folder, and nobody else would ever learn from it or have
opportunity to help.

if the files are huge files, post a URL to a place they can be
downloaded from.

also, if you could post a full log of the output from your build, we
could possibly find problems there too.

i feel like i'm having to use my mind reading skills here, and i'm not
very good at that. :P

live well,
  vagrant