Re: How to add contrib or non-free packages to CDD

On Sun, 2007-10-14 at 10:47 -0400, Ernesto Hernandez-Novich wrote:
> > simple-cdd 0.3.5 includes dependency resolution for provides.
>
> I'll try it tomorrow.

I upgraded from 0.3.5 to 0.3.4 and was able to create the CDD with main
and contrib packages, but NOT with non-free packages.

Attached you'll find profiles/CNTI.packages (comments are in spanish);
note I commented out several non-free packages (which are in Debian's
non-free).

> > this shouldn't be necessary if you configured mirror_components and/or
> > mirror_components_extra (presumably for debian-multimedia.org).

Attached you'll find the simple-cdd.conf I'm currently using. If I use
it with

debian_mirror="http://http.us.debian.org/debian/";
security_mirror="http://security.debian.org/";
debian_mirror_extra="http://www.debian-multimedia.org/";
mirror_components="main contrib"
extra_mirror_components="main"

then msttcorefonts (and anything in Debian's contrib) gets downloaded
and into the CD. However, if I change to

mirror_components="main contrib non-free"

and add _any_ of Debian's non-free packages into
profiles/Escritorio.packages (say, uncommenting firmware-ipw3945), it
does NOT get downloaded at all and I get

Calculating packages to get...
  processing updates for 'etch|non-free|i386'
  reading
'/home/emhn/my-simple-cdd/tmp//mirror/lists/etch_default_deb_non-free_i386'
Unable to open
file /home/emhn/my-simple-cdd/tmp//mirror/lists/etch_default_deb_non-free_i386: No such file or directory

and cannot create the image. By the way, if I add main or contrib
packages to the package list while keeping any that is non-free, then
the newly added main/contrib packages will not get downloaded either.
--
Ernesto Hernández-Novich - Linux 2.6.18 i686 - Unix: Live free or die!
Geek by nature, Linux by choice, Debian of course.

# Paquetes básicos de infraestructura
grub-splashimages
openssh-client
sudo
915resolution
manpages-es
manpages-es-extra
console-common
console-data
xfsprogs

# Task Desktop estándar Debian GNU/Linux Etch
alsa-base
alsa-utils
anacron
avahi-daemon
cpufrequtils
cupsys
cupsys-bsd
cupsys-client
cupsys-driver-gutenprint
desktop-base
dia
dia-gnome
discover1
eject
foomatic-db
foomatic-db-engine
foomatic-db-gutenprint
foomatic-db-hpijs
foomatic-filters
foomatic-filters-ppds
foo2zjs
gdm-themes
gimp
gimp-print
glabels
hibernate
hotkey-setup
hpijs
hpijs-ppds
hplip
iceweasel
libnss-mdns
menu
myspell-en-us
openoffice.org
openoffice.org-help-en-us
openoffice.org-thesaurus-en-us
printconf
twm
uswsusp
vbetool
xdg-utils
xorg
x-window-system
xterm

# Task Laptop estándar Debian GNU/Linux Etch
acpi
acpid
acpi-support
apmd
avahi-autoipd
bluez-utils
bluetooth
hibernate
pcmciautils
radeontool
wireless-tools
wpasupplicant

# Soporte a castellano
myspell-es
iceweasel-l10n-es-es
openoffice.org-help-es
openoffice.org-l10n-es
doc-debian-es
debian-reference-es

# Gnome
alacarte
baobab
bluez-gnome
deskbar-applet
ekiga
epiphany-browser
epiphany-extensions
evolution-plugins
evolution-webcal
foomatic-gui
gaim
gdebi
gnome-btdownload
gnome-cups-manager
gnome-desktop-environment
gnome-power-manager
gnome-screensaver
gnome-themes-extras
gpaint
gparted
gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg
gthumb
iceweasel-gnome-support
inkscape
libgnome2-perl
liferea
menu-xdg
network-manager-gnome
openoffice.org-evolution
openoffice.org-gnome
rhythmbox
synaptic
totem-mozilla
tsclient
update-notifier

# Fonts
ttf-bitstream-vera
ttf-dejavu
ttf-dustin
ttf-freefont
ttf-opensymbol
msttcorefonts

# Java de Sun
#sun-java5-jre

# Multimedia
gstreamer0.10-alsa
gstreamer0.10-esd
gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg
gstreamer0.10-gnomevfs
gstreamer0.10-lame
gstreamer0.10-plugins-base
gstreamer0.10-plugins-good
gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly
gstreamer0.10-x
lame
w32codecs
vlc
vorbis-tools

# Drivers y firmware extra
bcm43xx-fwcutter
firmware-ipw3945

# Imagen
gdm-theme-debian-cnti-cdd
gnome-icon-theme-debian-cnti-cdd
gnome-theme-debian-cnti-cdd
grub-theme-debian-cnti-cdd
d-i             debian-installer/locale             string      es_VE
d-i             time/zone                           select      America/Caracas
d-i             clock-setup/utc                     boolean     true
d-i             popularity-contest/participate      boolean     false
d-i             grub-installer/only_debian          boolean     true
d-i             grub-installer/with_other_os        boolean     true
d-i             apt-setup/non-free                  boolean     true
d-i             apt-setup/contrib                   boolean     true
d-i             netcfg/choose_interface             select      auto
d-i             netcfg/dhcp_failed                  note
d-i             netcfg/dhcp_options                 select      Configure network manually

passwd          passwd/root-login                   boolean     false

# Localizaciones a generar
locales         locales/default_environment_locale  select      es_ES.UTF-8
locales         locales/locales_to_be_generated     multiselect en_US.UTF-8 UTF-8, es_ES.UTF-8 UTF-8

# Licencia de Sun Java
sun-java5-jre   shared/accepted-sun-dlj-v1-1        boolean     true
# Configuración de simple-cdd para el CNTI.
simple_cdd_dir=`pwd`

# Perfiles a incluir en el CD.
# (separados con espacios en blanco)
profiles="CNTI"

# Idioma por omisión.
# Debe ser válido para languagechooser/language-name en debian-installer.
language="Spanish"

# País por omisión.
# Debe ser válido para countrychooser/shortlist en debian-installer.
country="Venezuela"

# Mirror principal del cual tomar paquetes.
# Debe ser un mirror COMPLETO que incluya debian-installer
server="http.us.debian.org"
debian_mirror="http://$server/debian/";
rsync_debian_mirror="$server::debian"

# Mirror para actualizaciones de seguridad.
# Las actualizaciones deben estar en dists/etch/updates
security_mirror="http://security.debian.org/";

# Mirror extra con paquetes locales.
debian_mirror_extra="http://www.debian-multimedia.org/";

# Componentes de la distribución a incluir.
mirror_components="main contrib non-free"
extra_mirror_components="main"

# Extra files to include onto the CD
#   These will get copied to /simple-cdd dir on the CD
#all_extras=""

# Generate a simple package repository on the CD with the debs cited
#   Please insert full paths.
local_packages="${simple_cdd_dir}/Estilo/*.deb"

# Imagen de inicio e identificación del CD
export SPLASHPNG="${simple_cdd_dir}/Estilo/debian-cnti-syslinux.png"
export DISKINFO="CNTI Debian GNU/Linux $DEBVERSION $CODENAME $(date --utc +%Y%m%d)"

export NONFREE=1
export CONTRIB=1
export DISKTYPE=CD700