Re: How to add contrib or non-free packages to CDD

On Thu, Oct 11, 2007 at 02:22:30PM -0400, Ernesto Hernandez Novich wrote:
> On 10/11/07, vagrant@freegeek.org <vagrant@freegeek.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 11, 2007 at 10:36:28AM -0400, Ernesto Hernandez-Novich wrote:
> > > I'm trying to add a couple of contrib packages and a non-free package
> > > into a CDD using simple-cdd. I added
> > >
> > > mirror_components="main contrib non-free"
> > >
> > > into simple-cdd.conf but the packages are not being downloaded at all.
> >
> > what version of simple-cdd and debian-cd you are using?
>
> simple-cdd 0.3.4 from Sid.
> debian-cd 3.0.2 from Etch.

...snip...
> > are you trying to build an etch, lenny or sid CD?
>
> I'm trying to build a Etch CD, including main, contrib an non-free
> packages both from the main repositories and also from
> debian-multimedia.org. There will also be a couple of local packages.

did you specify debian-multimedia.org anywhere?

> > what was the commandline you used for simple-cdd?
>
> Created a work directory, cd into it, created
> profiles/Escritorio.packages with the list of desired packages and
> profiles/Escritorio.preseed with several debconf preseeds. Also
> created simple-cdd.conf and then ran
>
> simple-cdd --conf simple-cdd.conf --profiles-udeb-dist sid --do-mirror
>
> Everything worked fine. Got the "package nod found" error I wrote
> about a couple of weeks ago, but solved it by manually checking for
> Provides in the dependency list. Up to that point I was only using
> packages in main.

simple-cdd 0.3.5 includes dependency resolution for provides.

> Then tried adding w32codecs from debian-multimedia.org, and it worked fine.
>
> Then tried adding msttcorefonts which is contrib and several packages
> in non-free (mostly linux kernel modules and WiFi firmware) and it did
> not download the packages at all.

...snip...

> > > To be precise, I added 'msttcorefonts' and several non-free kernel
> > > modules (nvidia, fgrlx, some WiFi firmwares) along with Sun Java
> > > packages to profile.packages.
> >
> > profiles/profile.packages ? or profiles/default.packages ? or ... ?
> >

> profiles/Escritorio.packages
>
> > > msttcorefonts gets into the CD, but none of the non-free ones do. I
> > > changed debian-cd configuration to include both CONTRIB and NONFREE,
> > > but the thing is the non-free packages are not even being downloaded.
> >
> > how did you configure debian-cd? since simple-cdd version 0.3.2,
> > debian-cd's CONF.sh is no longer used at all.
>
> I added
>
> export CONTRIB=1
> export NONFREE=1
>
> to simple-cdd.conf

this shouldn't be necessary if you configured mirror_components and/or
mirror_components_extra (presumably for debian-multimedia.org).

could you please attach all the files you used, and the exact
commandline used to build?  seems like you have just three files,
simple-cdd.conf and profiles/Escritorio.packages and
profiles/Escritorio.preseed.

anything else?

if i have the same files you are working with, i could try and reproduce
your problem.

live well,
  vagrant