Re: How to add contrib or non-free packages to CDD

On Thu, Oct 11, 2007 at 10:36:28AM -0400, Ernesto Hernandez-Novich wrote:
> I'm trying to add a couple of contrib packages and a non-free package
> into a CDD using simple-cdd. I added
>
> mirror_components="main contrib non-free"
>
> into simple-cdd.conf but the packages are not being downloaded at all.

what version of simple-cdd and debian-cd you are using?

how did you install simple-cdd?

are you trying to build an etch, lenny or sid CD?

what was the commandline you used for simple-cdd?

since simple-cdd version 0.3.1, only the configuration files of your
profiles are included by default.

 build-simple-cdd --conf some-conf-file

or put it into:

 profiles/FOO.conf

i would strongly recommend only including the options you actually need
in configuration files...

> To be precise, I added 'msttcorefonts' and several non-free kernel
> modules (nvidia, fgrlx, some WiFi firmwares) along with Sun Java
> packages to profile.packages.

profiles/profile.packages ? or profiles/default.packages ? or ... ?

> msttcorefonts gets into the CD, but none of the non-free ones do. I
> changed debian-cd configuration to include both CONTRIB and NONFREE,
> but the thing is the non-free packages are not even being downloaded.

how did you configure debian-cd? since simple-cdd version 0.3.2,
debian-cd's CONF.sh is no longer used at all.

good luck.

live well,
  vagrant