Re: survival skills for teenage geeks

On Son, 2003-01-26 at 21:56, Vikki Roemer wrote:

> But I thought that P4s didn't work as well with DDR as with RDRAM-- or
> was that just FUD on Rambus' part?

The problem was, iirc, that the first intel chipsets were designed for
rambus and used some sort of protocol translator to attach ddr to rambus
protocol. Hence the slow DDR performance. Also, Rambus was longer around
at the time, and so had more experience - I guess it could be that the
Rambus designs of that time were faster.

cheers
-- vbi

--
featured product: SpamAssassin - http://spamassassin.org