Re: survival skills for teenage geeks

On Sun, Jan 26, 2003 at 03:56:14PM -0500, Vikki Roemer wrote:
> > MHz. Dad's laptop has some ridiculously fast Athlon XP or something, but
> > it's running Windows 2000, so it's kind of wasted.
>
> "Linux: because a computer is a terrible thing to waste".  Sorry,
> couldn't resist. :)
>
> At least he's not running Windows ME-- that's what's running (limping,
> actually) on my parents' box.  When I reinstall ME

Why don't you just take your chance when your parents aren't home, and
wipe out that crap, and install some Linux distro which imitates m$-win,
like http://www.lycoris.org/ (that one imitates win-xp - it even has an
app which opens all ms-office docs in ms-office like apps).

I one saw a box which one guy has made to look like win-98 (in fact it
was KDE). He was showing me his computer, and at first I got disgusted
that he has ms-win. I didn't notice it was not win-98 until he opened an
xterm, and the prompt was user@hostname:~$ and not C:\>

They won't notice it probably for some time, and when they will, just
tell them that this is a new, enhanced version of ms-windows.

--
___ ICQ: 4004001 ___/___ tel.: +48608233394 ___/  mailto:miernik@ctnet.pl