Re: AYT? Support network, anyone up to?

 Rob> Jim Pick <jim@jimpick.com> writes:
 >> I've actually got a number of people calling me for support - more
 >> than I can handle, actually.  And I haven't tried to do any
 >> publicity at all (other than an outdated blurb on my website).
 >>
 >> I'm still interested.  It would be nice to be able to do a little
 >> bit of work for a support network for a few hours per day for a
 >> few extra bucks.  And if I could do it on a flexible schedule,
 >> that would be nice, since I could bend it around the time I spend
 >> building .deb's and such.

 Rob> I'd definitely be interested, but as I haven't really done much
 Rob> formal consulting, I feel that though I probably have the
 Rob> requisite knowledge, I'm not too well versed in all the
 Rob> implementation details.  I'm pretty knowledgable about a bunch
 Rob> of admin stuff, and IMO, I'm a good Scheme/Lisp/C/C++/perl/bash
 Rob> programmer.  I could certainly use the added income, and I love
 Rob> doing the work.

 Rob> Ideally, I'd rather start off working with/for someone else who
 Rob> has more work than they can handle and is already set up to deal
 Rob> with the financial billing, etc, but I realize that may not be
 Rob> feasible.

 Rob> Opinions?

Basically the same situation I'm in currently, and I'd love to be
involved as well.  I have a full time day job,  so my hours are short
(night and weekends), but otherwise I'm available.

Jim
--
@James LewisMoss <dres@dimensional.com> |  Blessed Be!
@    http://www.dimensional.com/~dres   |  Linux is cool!