Re: AYT? Support network, anyone up to?

"Lalo Martins" <lalo@webcom.com> writes:

> Jim Pick mentioned he was thinking of something similar; Jim?

Yes.  I was going to get moving on it back in January - but Bruce
anounced he was going to organize the same thing - so I thought I'd
wait and see what he came up with.

I must admit that I initially found his plans to be somewhat
grandiose, and it doesn't seem like they have gone anywhere...

I've actually got a number of people calling me for support - more
than I can handle, actually.  And I haven't tried to do any publicity
at all (other than an outdated blurb on my website).

I'm still interested.  It would be nice to be able to do a little bit
of work for a support network for a few hours per day for a few extra
bucks.  And if I could do it on a flexible schedule, that would be
nice, since I could bend it around the time I spend building .deb's
and such.

I'll think I'll write up a little proposal which I'll post to the
debian-consultants mailing list for an informal arrangement we could
use.

Cheers,

 - Jim