Re: AYT? Support network, anyone up to?

Jim Pick <jim@jimpick.com> writes:

> I've actually got a number of people calling me for support - more
> than I can handle, actually.  And I haven't tried to do any publicity
> at all (other than an outdated blurb on my website).
>
> I'm still interested.  It would be nice to be able to do a little bit
> of work for a support network for a few hours per day for a few extra
> bucks.  And if I could do it on a flexible schedule, that would be
> nice, since I could bend it around the time I spend building .deb's
> and such.

I'd definitely be interested, but as I haven't really done much formal
consulting, I feel that though I probably have the requisite
knowledge, I'm not too well versed in all the implementation details.
I'm pretty knowledgable about a bunch of admin stuff, and IMO, I'm a
good Scheme/Lisp/C/C++/perl/bash programmer.  I could certainly use
the added income, and I love doing the work.

Ideally, I'd rather start off working with/for someone else who has
more work than they can handle and is already set up to deal with the
financial billing, etc, but I realize that may not be feasible.

Opinions?

--
Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>