Re: Building OpenStack images with bootstrap-vz and cloud-init ?

On 2017-02-07 17:53:05 +0100 (+0100), Vincent Bernat wrote:
>  ❦  7 février 2017 15:49 GMT, Jeremy Stanley <fungi@yuggoth.org> :
[...]
> > For that matter, "good" (in my opinion) OpenStack service providers
> > hand out relevant network configuration via DHCP/SLAAC which
> > shouldn't need any special handling at all.
>
> Does this include SSH keys and user data?

Nope, though in that case a popular option is to bake them into your
images when you generate them (if you're doing image customization
anyway and using them only for your own purposes), and rely on
configuration management to perform any follow-on tasks not strictly
necessary for establishing minimal connectivity.
--
Jeremy Stanley