Re: Building OpenStack images with bootstrap-vz and cloud-init ?

Hi.

Olivier Berger <olivier.berger@telecom-sudparis.eu> writes:

> Hi.
>
> I haven't found yet any clear example of using bootstrap-vz to build
> Debian images for OpenStack.
>
> I'd like to be able to do so, and I think cloud-init could help here,
> with the cloud-init plugin in bootstrap-vz.
>
> My target would be the OVH public cloud, FWIW.
>
> Any one could provide an example (documented ?) manifest or other
> reference, which would save me reimplementing the wheel, and could be
> added, at least to https://github.com/andsens/bootstrap-vz/issues/185
> maybe ?

Responding to myself, I've posted the following post :
https://www-public.tem-tsp.eu/~berger_o/weblog/2017/02/07/making-debian-stablejessie-images-for-openstack-with-bootstrap-vz-and-cloud-init/
which documents some bits.

It's not fully commented, but hopefuly can help others.

Of course it's probably not perfect, as there are many optimizations in
other tools, but I hope it'll allow me to keep using bootstrap-vz.

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER
http://www-public.telecom-sudparis.eu/~berger_o/ - OpenPGP-Id: 2048R/5819D7E8