Re: Building OpenStack images with bootstrap-vz and cloud-init ?

 ❦  1 février 2017 19:05 +0100, Olivier Berger <olivier.berger@telecom-sudparis.eu> :

> I have already some basic knowledge of bootstrap-vz, which I've used
> with VirtualBox and Vagrant providers, thanks. But I'm wondering whether
> anyone documented the specifics of OpenStack.
>
> Maybe you're missing some specifics of deploying the VM on the OpenStack
> IaaS, which requires some provisioning at first boot (like setting some
> specific way to connect to that specific VM instance: IP address and
> user password for instance... well I'm guessing here, actually, as I
> haven't checked how OpenStack does that).
>
> AFAIU, that's the job that cloud-init does. And as there may be other
> nifties involved, that's why I asked.

cloud-init just has to be installed. There is nothing else special to
do. The OpenStack provider is enabled by default. You can however
restrict the list to "ConfigDrive, OpenStack" for a faster boot (either
with debconf, cloud-init/datasources or by overwriting
/etc/cloud/cloud.cfg.d/90_dpkg.cfg).

Also, there are precompiled images available (but not built with
bootstrap-vz):
 http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/openstack/
--
Choose variable names that won't be confused.