Re: Aw: Re: Adding cloud-init in the next Wheezy point release

On 09/05/13 at 10:05 +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Tue, May 07, 2013 at 11:10:25AM -0400, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:
> > even though most or all of Debian's public cloud images don't yet
> > count as official by Lucas's definition
>
> Uh? Can you expand on why you think it is the case? AFAICT the EC2
> images should qualify as official images, ditto for the Azure ones
> (although I'm less on top of their build process so I might be missing
> something there).
>
> Either way, if we have criteria, it would be useful to go through them
> as a sort of checklist and see who's in and who's out.
>
> FWIW, I've clarified with Lucas point (C) on IRC, arriving at a slightly
> better version:
>
> C) the image generation tools are maintained inside Debian and/or by a
>    Debian team, using usual Debian recommended practices

Hi,

We should probably have something like:

  D) the images most provide a user experience (in terms of default
  choice of packages, or of default configuration) identical to other
  means of installing Debian. Differences must be documented and
  justified.

Lucas