Re: Aw: Re: Adding cloud-init in the next Wheezy point release

[Commenting on something unrelated to the point release request, so dropping -release from CC.]

On May 7, 2013 9:43 AM, "Stefano Zacchiroli" <zack@debian.org> wrote:
> What we should certainly do is have some Debian documentation specific
> for the cloud images, which include a list of differences from regular
> images. (But before talking about this, we should probably look into
> having a "get Debian" page for Debian cloud images :-))

I added the main differences for Google Compute Engine images to the /Cloud/GoogleComputeEngineImage wiki page yesterday, as part of a general page overhaul. I haven't yet mentioned things general to build-debian-cloud (e.g. some generated config files are more minimal than d-i's) or the small list of official Debian packages we preinstall beyond debootstrap.

I agree it's good to document these things for all the clouds, and to provide a "get Debian" download page even though most or all of Debian's public cloud images don't yet count as official by Lucas's definition (we already do this with an unofficial ISO integrating non-free firmware).

- Jimmy