Re: Aw: Re: Adding cloud-init in the next Wheezy point release

Hello Steffan, Adam,

I think the question for cloud images becomes: would we consider a Debian image with backports enabled in apt.sources *by default* and to have packages installed from backports to still be 'pure' Debian? I would think some would feel this is not.

This was much discussed prior to release, but the deep freeze meant that the package maintainer chose to go the backports route rather than ask for a freeze exception, which I understand. I suppose we have three options before us at this stage:

1) Use backports by default in apt.source in cloud images, and we bless this as still being Debian
2) Wait until the next point release, and see if cloud-init can be transitioned to main
3) Stay as we are, and wait until the next release in 2+ years time

Personally, I am happy with #1, so long as the rest of the community is.

Appreciate input from others.

  James