Re: magnet links and pushing them to meta-search engines.

On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 08:25:54AM +0530, shirish शिरीष wrote:
>On 12/02/2018, Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> wrote:
>>
>> We've had a few "virus" reports about our images over the years, but
>> every one I've investigated has clearly been a false positive in the
>> virus checker involved. Many of them are proprietary, which of course
>> makes it difficult to debug the problem. :-/
>
>aha, ok didn't know that.

>Actually what I had wanted to ask/post the query is that we somehow
>miss the bus of getting the releases to meta-search engines such as
>torrentz.eu
>
>See for e.g. https://torrentz2.eu/search?f=%27debian-9.3.0-amd64%27
>
>and see the results that have cropped up. I was hoping that it would
>show the CD releases as well as the DVD releases and net install.  As
>can be seen while it shows the DVD image and the netinstall images,
>but for unknown reasons officially CD images seems to have gone the
>way of dodo
>
>https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/amd64/bt-cd/
>
>Maybe because CD-1 has become too big that it can't anymore fit lxde
>or something for base-install + desktop environment. I did scour the
>archives for last 2-3 months but wasn't able to get anything about why
>they were dropped although it probably is due to the space issue I
>have mentioned above.
>
>Are there any hopes of the CD images being revived in the future or
>that's sort of gone forever ?

We dropped the CD sets a while back, for the reason you've
guessed. See the announcement in

  https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2015/09/msg00004.html

I've since re-added a single-CD option for Xfce, for thoe people who
really do want a single CD that will give them a basic desktop,

Who needs computer imagery when you've got Brian Blessed?