Re: bug 887830, was: Joliet name length in amd64 netinst versus DVD-2

On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 05:29:45PM +0100, Thomas Schmitt wrote:

>Now the next weakest point in Jigdo download is
>
>  https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=887831
>  "jigdo-file: Jigdo .template file and resulting ISO are only verified by MD5"
>
>jigdo-lite after fix of bug 865864 downloads the .template if it yet
>missing in the local directory. Verification is done by line
>"Template-MD5Sum" of the .jigdo file, not by *SUMS.
>
>jigdo-lite could now make automatic use of the *SUMS via the according
>*sum programs.

That's a change I don't really want to make - the *SUMS we have are
specific to the Debian layout, and AFAIK we're not the only people
using jigdo.

>Or jigdo-lite could expect better .template checksums in the .jigdo file
>and jigdo-file could learn to compute such sums.
>libjte can, so jigdo-file could learn from there.

That makes much more sense, yes. As/when/if I find the time, I'll
fight with the C++ in jigdo-file to look for better checksums.

  Getting a SCSI chain working is perfectly simple if you remember that there
  must be exactly three terminations: one on one end of the cable, one on the
  far end, and the goat, terminated over the SCSI chain with a silver-handled
  knife whilst burning *black* candles. --- Anthony DeBoer