Re: Plans for debian-cd

Le dimanche 19 juin 2005 à 19:02 +0200, Goswin von Brederlow a écrit :
> Reprepro can already combine several sources into one mirror
> already. I use that to merge debian with debian-amd64 without
> duplicate sources and _all.deb files localy. Debmirror2 will also have
> that ability.

Interesting. How did you handle conflicts of packages in both sources ?
At the mirroring level or at the debian-cd level ?

> The problem with using apt-get is that it will always resolve depends,
> always download all packages required to install something, can't
> download packages that conflict in a single call and only works if no
> inconsistencies or bugs are in the Packages files (like something
> being uninstallable in sid as it hapens nearly every day).

I never said we have to use "apt-get". But I thought of
"libapt-pkg-perl" or whatever other interface to libapt.

> mirror script for debian-cd better not use apt-get itself but use the
> apt methods directly (like reprepro does).

"apt methods" ? I suppose you mean an interface to libapt like I told
above ?

Regards,
--
Raphaël Hertzog -+- http://www.ouaza.com