Re: Plans for debian-cd

>>>>> "raphael" == Raphael Hertzog <raphael@ouaza.com> writes:

    raphael> Le lundi 13 juin 2005 à 09:54 +0200, Goswin von Brederlow
    raphael> a écrit :
    >> Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> writes:
    >>
    >> > * Allow (limited) builds without a local mirror. Netinst and
    >> business > card images should be possible that way - they don't
    >> need a full > set of packages to be present.
    >>
    >> A simple way is to create a partial mirror for this. The
    >> reprepro package has a bugreport from me with example scripts
    >> to create a mirror with only packages listed in the
    >> debian-installer task. The script asks debian-cd for the list
    >> of packages and filters by that.

    raphael> My idea is to have debian-cd uses a kind of sources.list
    raphael> file much like APT ... this way you can generate CD with
    raphael> packages coming from several sources. A system similar to
    raphael> apt_preferences may be needed to resolve conflicts when a
    raphael> package is available on several sources...

    raphael> But imho, that's the main point of using beeing able to
    raphael> download package instead of using a local mirror. So I'm
    raphael> still completely in favor of a rewrite so that debian-cd
    raphael> can download the required packages.

    Yes, this makes more sense to me since you can still use the local
    mirror and then we have the good of both Worlds :D

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116