Re: New stuff on building the cd images (bugreport for alpha and sparc)

On Sun, May 11, 2003 at 12:23:15AM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Le Sat, May 10, 2003 at 11:45:18AM -0400, Ben Collins ?crivait:
> > So debian-installer will be a requirement during the testing cycle?
>
> Well, considering we plan to use debian-installer for sarge, yes we want
> to test debian-installer as much as possible and thus we're adapting
> debian-cd for debian-installer.
>
> For consistency we can't use bf one some archs and debian-installer on
> the other ... so either you have images adapted to debian-installer and
> we use them, or you have non-bootable images.
>
> In any case, it's not a good idea to commit code that doesn't work and
> that relies on future changes ... that's why the code for i386 download
> boot images on the net (instead of using those that should be in
> disks-i386).

I didn't base it on figure changes. I based it on the fact that we used
to always copy old images in the interim during a release cycle.

> > Makes creating CD's almost pointless if there's no bootable images
> > available on them.
>
> Right, that's why you're encouraged to help debian-installer so that
> they're able to provide those images. :-)

Being worked on...one thing at a time :)

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://www.linux1394.org/