Re: sarge CDs

On Thu Aug 08, 2002 at 12:14:35 +0200, Attila Nagy wrote:
> You are lucky. :)
> I have two Pentium III 450 machines, which do the job very well, but when
> they get those rsync running... Hmmm :)
> Nice loads.
> From this point of view, FTP and HTTP is much better. You can serve about
> 5000 concurrent users with these machines, but when it comes to rsync, you
> can't really go above 20-30 per machine...

Hmm, yes, rsync isn't that server friendly but just downloading large
files without actually syncing them against local files isn't so much
worse then any other method. rsync against the main archive is another
story, of course. ;) Another thing is that rsync for ISOs is only used
by very few people compared to ftp/http, so no restrictions are applied
there.

Adam
--
Adam                 adam@os.inf.tu-dresden.de