Re: Forthcoming release of CD images for Debian 3.0 rev0 ("woody")

hi,

just wanted to update my mirror. haven't had time to do it
before,b ut well, some questions arose.

On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 11:22:38PM +0100, Richard Atterer wrote:
> The images of the current stable distribution ("potato") need 17 GB of
> disc space for 28 CD images. In contrast to this, the full set of
> "woody" CDs needs about 57 GB for 96 CD images!

where does one get the, more or less, master images? or where to
get the MD5Sums? cdimage.debian.org? at least i couldn't find
direct instructions about this issue on cdimage.d.o.

btw. just reading http://www.debian.org/CD/faq/#verify, clicking
on the link of the master site doesn't reveal 3.x md5sums.

btw. I also looked at http://www.debian.org/CD/mirroring/ ...
doesn't answer my question as well. is there a link from the main
cdimage site to this page? because i only found this through the
faq.

oh, it's mentioned on the mirroring url from above that the
master site is indeed cdimage.d.o but well but only with 2.2r7
images nothing about 3.x, but well, is debcdmirror really the
preferred way? because I'ld much rather use rsync and not the
pseudokit to get the images to be honest.

> New way of mirroring: jigdo-mirror
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> A jigdo-based mirror requires
>  - setting up a normal Debian FTP mirror <http://www.debian.org/mirror/>
>  - setting up HTTP mirroring of the .jigdo/.template files at
>    <http://cdimage.debian.org/jigdo-area/current/jigdo/>
>  - setting up a cronjob which runs jigdo-mirror about once a day.
>    Alternatively, you can also run jigdo-mirror manually whenever a
>    new version of the CDs is released.
>  - configuring jigdo-mirror. This should be easy, it hardly needs more
>    information than the paths to the .jigdo/.template files and your
>    Debian FTP mirror.

how is the normal jigdo working? getting its jigdo/template
files? from a specified rsync location? or http or ftp? if so, is
there a naming convention?

> Changes in the setup of Debian's master CD mirror
> In the past, the server where Debian CDs were generated was
> cdimage.debian.org, a.k.a. open.hands.com, a machine in the UK.
> Starting with the release of woody, the cdimage DNS entry will point
> to raff.debian.org (located in the US), while open will be available
> as non-us.cdimage.debian.org.

i know this is a horribly old mail, but somehow this isn't
correct, they still carry 2.2_rev7. was there another mail to the
mirror maintainers because i can't see another one about this ...

so long
Othmar

PS: i replied as i read the mail, so a bit inconsistent probably
... sorry about that.