Re: sarge CDs

On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Attila Nagy wrote:

> Hello,
>
> > > Given that everyone seems to have had success with jigdo, I don't see
> > > any point in publishing actual .iso images.  Anyone disagree?
> > Did any of the people who put up isos for download get many hits?
> Not really, just a few Terabytes... :)
> My traffic doubled at ftp.fsn.hu when woody hit the road.
> In the most active period there were about 1500-1800 concurrent
> downloaders for the woody CDs...

Our slow little server over herehaven't quite managed more than 1.5-2
Terabytes so far. :)

Our traffic pretty much doubled too, and the cdimages are most of that.

I can't say too much about concurrent downloaders, we have fairly hard
limits and so on but we did manage to push the frontends up in load 40 or
so at times after we put the cds up on ftp.se.d.o and not only on
rsync-debcd.acc.umu.se (which not all that many managed to find, only
about 100GB/day on that host).

Stats (new and fine, including bandwidth graphs!):
http://www.acc.umu.se/technical/statistics/index.html.en

/Mattias Wadenstein