Re: sarge CDs

On Thu Aug 08, 2002 at 10:57:34 +0200, Attila Nagy wrote:
> > > Given that everyone seems to have had success with jigdo, I don't see
> > > any point in publishing actual .iso images.  Anyone disagree?
> > Did any of the people who put up isos for download get many hits?
> Not really, just a few Terabytes... :)
> My traffic doubled at ftp.fsn.hu when woody hit the road.

Same for ftp.de.d.o. I have about 70-100 concurrent connections under
debian-cd. Exact figures are hard to tell since many people are
cancelling downloads but for http I can say that were 170 600+MB
downloads in the last 36 hours (127 for i386, then hppa, alpha, sparc,
s390, mips, m68k, in this order).

> In the most active period there were about 1500-1800 concurrent
> downloaders for the woody CDs...

Thought about restricting ISOs to one or two connections per IP? Just
after the release I had the problem that those "Download Managers", or
however they are called, hit me badly. Now everything looks smooth.

Adam
--
Adam                 adam@os.inf.tu-dresden.de