Re: PowerPC CD issues

On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 12:53:03PM -0300, Carlos Barros wrote:

> I couldn't make a powermac 6500/300 boot from CD. It only boot from floppy

thats because its oldworld.  only NewWorld PowerMacs and maybe PReP
machines are CD bootable.  we will never have OldWorld bootable CDs.

> and I can not make it boot from hard disk

thats because its oldworld and the firmware sucks large boulders
through coffee stirrers.

> nvsetenv says that this powermac boot from ROM.
> ofpath dont recognice the BIOS

ofpath in potato is old and broken, install the yaboot package from
woody which contains a newwer and less buggy ofpath.

http://penguinppc.org/usr/quik

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/