Re: PowerPC CD issues

Le Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 01:26:25AM -0800, Ethan Benson écrivait:
> Also I am not yet very familier with the CD building scripts, but i
> was wondering if they have switched over from using mkhybrid to
> mkisofs for building the first CD image for powermacs?  i have just
> tested this and it will result in an unbootable image:
>
> on PowerMacs /install/powermac must be `blessed'. Under the mkhybrid
> setup this is accomplished by your post-boot-powerpc script, it runs
> hattrib -b :install:powermac.  with mkisofs the HFS part is marked
> readonly so this hattrib call will fail.
>
> i noticed mkisofs has its own method for blessing a directory:
> -hfs-bless  my testing of this however shows that it does not work,
> thus if its used PowerMac CDs will NOT be bootable.
>
> I can do more testing of all of this if requested, please advise.

Basically, there's no official person responsible of powerpc for
debian-cd. I'd like to have one. Just do whatever you need to get
powerpc working. You can commit your changes in the arch specific
directories/files. If you need changes somewhere else please ask
before. Don't hesitate to ask help here ...

Fix mkisofs if you need it (yes mkisofs is the default one now and the
same is used for all arches).

I'm not familiar with powerpc and I don't have any such beast so I can't
help in that area.

Le bouche à oreille du Net : http://www.beetell.com
Naviguez sans se fatiguer à chercher : http://www.deenoo.com