Re: PowerPC CD issues

On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 01:11:10PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> Basically, there's no official person responsible of powerpc for
> debian-cd. I'd like to have one. Just do whatever you need to get
> powerpc working. You can commit your changes in the arch specific
> directories/files. If you need changes somewhere else please ask
> before. Don't hesitate to ask help here ...

OK.  I can certainly help with PowerMac CD, i am the one who came with
the procedure for making bootable PowerMac CDs anyway.

powerpc is unfortuntly a rather diverse archetecture, atm our cds are
only bootable on PowerMacs and maybe PReP.  i don't know much about
PReP but PowerMac i can do.

> Fix mkisofs if you need it (yes mkisofs is the default one now and the
> same is used for all arches).

ok, that may explain why people keep saying the CDs don't boot
anymore.  i will see what i can do about mkisofs, i think i can call
it with a couple different options to work around its alleged bugs.

> I'm not familiar with powerpc and I don't have any such beast so I can't
> help in that area.

no problem, i am the resident expert on PowerMac bootstrap so i can
take care of that part of it.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/