Re: PowerPC CD issues

On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 03:24:28AM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:

> OK.  I can certainly help with PowerMac CD, i am the one who came with
> the procedure for making bootable PowerMac CDs anyway.
>
> powerpc is unfortuntly a rather diverse archetecture, atm our cds are
> only bootable on PowerMacs and maybe PReP.  i don't know much about
> PReP but PowerMac i can do.
>
> > Fix mkisofs if you need it (yes mkisofs is the default one now and the
> > same is used for all arches).
>
> ok, that may explain why people keep saying the CDs don't boot
> anymore.  i will see what i can do about mkisofs, i think i can call
> it with a couple different options to work around its alleged bugs.

I couldn't make a powermac 6500/300 boot from CD. It only boot from floppy
and I can not make it boot from hard disk
nvsetenv says that this powermac boot from ROM.
ofpath dont recognice the BIOS

Is there a doc about making linux boot for this powermac?

Using potato r3 CD's

(btw it has IDE disk and SCSI CDRom)
(btw2 how to open the box? to add/change the HD?)

--
Carlos Barros.