PowerPC CD issues

Hi,

I intend to commit a small patch to the first stage bootloader for
NewWorld bootable CDs (data/yaboot/ofboot.b) there are two changes i
am making, the first is to restore console output so that yaboot's
interface will be visable on more recent PowerMacs.  the second is a
fix for rare and random boot failures.  This should be used for potato
r4 CD images as well as woody.

Also I am not yet very familier with the CD building scripts, but i
was wondering if they have switched over from using mkhybrid to
mkisofs for building the first CD image for powermacs?  i have just
tested this and it will result in an unbootable image:

on PowerMacs /install/powermac must be `blessed'. Under the mkhybrid
setup this is accomplished by your post-boot-powerpc script, it runs
hattrib -b :install:powermac.  with mkisofs the HFS part is marked
readonly so this hattrib call will fail.

i noticed mkisofs has its own method for blessing a directory:
-hfs-bless  my testing of this however shows that it does not work,
thus if its used PowerMac CDs will NOT be bootable.

I can do more testing of all of this if requested, please advise.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/