Re: Future of kFreeBSD in Debian unstable

В Tue, 16 Jan 2018 23:23:43 +0100, Christoph Egger написа:
> I guess the hurd example shows that very few people can sucecssfully run
> a port -- for a release architecture you need a couple more people.

Exactly.  Right now the goal should be to run the port, with a priority
to restore the buildds as an initial step.

Being a release architecture is a different beast, I think it was way too
premature for Debian GNU/kFreeBSD and has had a negative effect at the
end.  TBH, I was quite surprised at the time why the stable kfreebsd-*
release was rushed so much and announced as a "release preview" (or a
similar buzzword never used before).