Re: Future of kFreeBSD in Debian unstable

On Monday 15 January 2018 11:10:18 CET Ansgar Burchardt wrote:
> Hardware resources shouldn't be a problem: I'm fairly sure the buildds
> were VMs anyway.

Jep one VM with reasonable IO each and a second VM mostly due to redundancy
requirements

> kFreeBSD could have chosen to use another default init system.  I don't
> think there is any requirement for this to be the same everywhere.  The
> main problem was that there wasn't anyone willing / having time to
> commit to kFreeBSD as far as I remember; not much will happen if that is
> the case.

Totally. A 1.5 - 2 person port is just not manageable as a release and way to
much risk (no redundancy in manpower and such). In the end jessie-kfreebsd was
probably more work for release team and ftp masters and others than just
having kfreebsd as part of jessie.

I guess the hurd example shows that very few people can sucecssfully run a
port -- for a release architecture you need a couple more people.

  Christoph