Re: Who is still here?

Hi,

Christoph Egger wrote:
> As you undoubtedly have noticed I'm essentially gone from the debian-bsd@
> world for more than a year now. And with the stretch release (where we didn't
> have a stretch-kfreebsd) the question becomes somewhat important: Who is still
> here and working on kfreebsd?

I'm at least still actively maintaining the freebsd-manpages package
and I still do run my (non-meltdown-spectre affected :-) ASUS EeeBox
with Debian GNU/kFreeBSD as mentioned in the other thread.

> If you are still interested in keeping kfreebsd alive it would be important
> for the group of people continuing to work here to get in touch with the
> relevant debian people soon (wanna-build + dsa mostly).

As mentioned in the other thread, I'm willing to do sysadmin as I did
in the past on the non-DSA porterboxes asdfasdf and io. (Since about a
year or so I have no more physical access to asdfasdf due to a job
change — and asdfasdf seems to be down for quite a while now.)

I'm also willing to do episodic debugging work, but as mentioned
before, I'm definitely no (c-) toolchain guy, so don't expected me to
fix compilers or other low-level stuff like kernels or init systems.

(Any debhelper "toolchain" related help request is though welcome. :-)

> I'm still occasionally reading the list and doing the most pressing buildd
> things for now. I'm also available if you want to discuss things with me but
> can't really promise timely responses.

I definitively was not reading the list for quite a while as everthing
went smoothly enough for my personal needs until the buildds stopped
working. So that's how you got my attention (and not by just writing a
mail to this list like jcristau did).

I might move the debian-bsd mailing lists from being delivered into a
separate incoming folder (as I do with most debian mailing lists) over
to being delivered directly into my inbox. But I won't promise to keep
such a setting if the mail volume raises again on this list. (Which is
the main reason to filter out mailing lists into separate folders.)

		Regards, Axel
--
 ,''`.  |  Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>, https://people.debian.org/~abe/
: :' :  |  Debian Developer, ftp.ch.debian.org Admin