Re: Extracting documentation from Debian installer

On 05/12/2021 03:09 PM, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> (2021-05-12):
So look around the other projects under the installer-team umbrella.
The same still applies for messages in the installation - look in the
templates files.

The translation process implies gathering all templates into a central
location, which might make it easy to spot the exact wording, and also
where it comes from.

If that is true, it will solve not only my immediate problem but resolve a larger loosely related issue. I've been poking at an idea for something analogous to a FAQ but made up of questions I've had but haven't seen addressed.

See the packages/po directory in this git repository:
   https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/d-i/

Grepping into sublevel*/templates.pot for strings in English should give
results quite rapidly, and filenames/source packages should be easy to
spot in the comments.

I don't immediately see how to do that.
This is the first time I've encountered https://salsa.debian.org, I'll be exploring its help section which appears to be encouragingly extensive.

Is there a shortcut to how to follow your suggestion?
Thank you.

Cheers,