Re: Extracting documentation from Debian installer

Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> (2021-05-12):
> So look around the other projects under the installer-team umbrella.
> The same still applies for messages in the installation - look in the
> templates files.

The translation process implies gathering all templates into a central
location, which might make it easy to spot the exact wording, and also
where it comes from.

See the packages/po directory in this git repository:
  https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/d-i/

Grepping into sublevel*/templates.pot for strings in English should give
results quite rapidly, and filenames/source packages should be easy to
spot in the comments.

Cheers,