Re: Extracting documentation from Debian installer

On Wed, May 12, 2021 at 01:14:35PM -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:
>On 05/12/2021 09:39 AM, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>>
>> You're looking for
>>
>>    https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/grub-installer/
>>
>> - that matches up with the grub-installer directory in what Andy was
>> looking at. "installer-team" in salsa is the primary location for most
>> debian installer packages. In terms of the messages you might see during
>> installation, look in the "templates" or "templates.pot" files.
>
>I suspect searching for "grub" is putting cart before horse.
>I'll rewrite my original post.

So look around the other projects under the installer-team
umbrella. The same still applies for messages in the installation -
look in the templates files.

"...In the UNIX world, people tend to interpret `non-technical user'
 as meaning someone who's only ever written one device driver." -- Daniel Pead